Thursday, January 10, 2013

Banana Oatmeal Cookies

When I got back from Christmas break I somehow ended up with 9 bananas in my apartment and they were spoiling fast so I was coming up with creative ways to use them besides my typical banana bread. I also have a hoarders amount of oatmeal. So I put 2 and 2 together and made oatmeal cookies.They came out amazingly soft and I know Elvis would be jealous to have a few.

2 C. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 c. white sugar
1c. brown sugar
1 c. mashed banana (or 2 bananas)
2 eggs
2 T. cold water
2 tsp. vanilla
3 c. oatmeal (I used the old fashioned)
1/2 cup of chocolate chips
1/2 cup of peanut butter chips

Sift together the first 4 ingredients. Cream the sugars, banana, eggs and water together. Add the flour mixture until it is all wet. Add the oatmeal and the chips just till mixed. Bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes. I got about 30 big cookies out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment